If you are a trainee quantity surveyor looking for an introduction to Civil Engineering Commercial Management for personal training or as the first stage in a professional qualification, these modules will give you a good start.
If you already have an accredited degree or HNC/D in Civil Engineering subjects, or if you have significant relevant experience, you may be eligible to apply for Chartered ICES Membership without taking the Certificate courses (see Diploma course description or access the Institution’s websites at www.cices.org). If you don’t meet the membership criteria, complete the Certificate course first and then take our Diploma course which is accepted by Chartered ICES as meeting the academic requirements for Graduate ICES membership.
This Certificate recognised by Chartered ICES .
- Principles of Estimating (16 lessons and 9 tutorials)
- Measurement (7 lessons and 6 tutorials)
- Introduction to Law for Commercial Managers (10 lessons and 7 tutorials)
- Management (6 lessons and 6 tutorials)
For the outline content of each Module, please refer to the Course Descriptions. If you plan to take the full Certificate, for your final grade your tutorials account for 60% of the marks and the Final Assignment 40%.
- Study Guides with textbook
- Assignments for marking
- Access to Tutor for help and guidance
- 12 months service contract (2 years for full course)
- Certificate of Completion for each Module
- Final Assignment covering all four Modules to conclude the course (for which there is a separate fee of £100)
- Free student membership of the Chartered ICES.