CIOB Level 4 Certificate in Construction Site Management: The CIOB level 4 Certificate in Construction Site Management is designed for eligible candidates working in the construction sector who wish to move into more formal management roles within the construction industry. The course covers a wide variety of topics including contractual and legal responsibilities, developing people and project planning. Also, if you are already employed in a management position in the construction industry, the course provides you with a recognised qualification which demonstrates knowledge of a broad range of management functions that you will be expected to use in your day–to–day role.
CIOB Level 4 Diploma in Construction Site Management: CIOB level 4 Diploma in Construction Site Management is designed for construction site managers working in the construction sector who wish to move into more formal management roles within the construction industry. The qualification develops the learner’s knowledge and skills to plan and programme projects, liaise with stakeholders and oversee large or complex construction projects safely and efficiently.
The programme comprises two qualifications; the Level 4 Certificate in Construction Site Management and the Level 4 Diploma in Construction Site Management. To achieve the Certificate, candidates are required to undertake four modules includingUnit 4. To achieve the Diploma, candidates are required to undertake eight additional units.
CIOB qualifications are now regulated under the Regulatory Qualifications Framework (RQF). Gaining the Site Management Certificate and Diploma provides evidence to employers and clients that an internationally recognised level of qualification has been successfully achieved. Having experienced site managers with this qualification helps employers satisfy regulatory health and safety and other EU requirements. The learning outcomes include all the necessary knowledge and skills for you to develop to run a successful construction project. The programmes provide the underpinning knowledge and understanding in Construction Site Management.
The diploma level course consists of two years part time study
- Unit 04 -Managing Health, Safety, Welfare and Riskand any other three units from the following for the Certificate. Candidates for the Diploma in Site Management need to undertake all 12 units. Assessment is based on four assignments based on real projects. The qualifications are based on completion of assignments. RQF credit value of each unit is 8 and the unit guided learning hours is 40 hours.
- Unit 01 – Planning
- Unit 02 – Project Control and Monitoring
- Unit 03 – Managing Quality
- Unit 05 – Managing Dimensional Control
- Unit 06 – Developing and Managing Personnel
- Unit 07 – Managing Sustainable Construction
- Unit 08 – Contractual and Legal Responsibilities
- Unit 09 – Estimating and Measuring Work
- Unit 10 – Managing Sub-Contractors
- Unit 11 – Managing Mechanical and Electrical Services
- Unit 12 – Managing the Technology of Modern and Traditional Construction
Period of Study
The certificate can be gained after one year. The candidate can achieve the Diploma in a further 12 months.
The candidate will be required to join the CIOB as a student member.
Total period of the course is 2 years however this can be adjusted according to the College time table so completion timescales may be less than stated.
Additionally, the college will organize group study and develop the presenting skills of students. You should be prepared to spend time in private study to assist your assignments, in addition to attendance the live lectures.
The CIOB will offer certificate for individual units, which can be used at a later date for the student to complete their full award.