The Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors is a qualifying body for civil engineering surveyors, specialists who play a key role in the £multimillion construction industry. Members may be employed in professional practice, with consulting engineers or working with civil contractors, local or national government, public utilities or specialist sub-contractors. The Institution offers two career streams: civil engineering commercial management (quantity surveying) or geospatial engineering (land surveying). Our distance learning course enables QS stream applicants without an accredited degree to meet the academic requirements for Graduate Membership.
This Certificate recognised by Chartered ICES .
- Module 1: Civil Engineering Construction
- Module 2: Civil Engineering Contract Administration
- Module 3: Civil Engineering Business Management
For each Module, there is written continuous assessment followed by a Final Assignment which is sent to you for completion by a prescribed date. You can take the Modules in any order, one at a time or together. The Final Assignment is available on request at one month’s notice and is sent to you for completion by a prescribed date. You must complete at least 75% of the coursework before the Final Assignment (full completion is recommended). You can also take the Final Assignment as a combined Assignment covering all three Modules. You can apply for the Final Assignment outside the 12-month period for any Module.
In your assessment, the Final Assignments count for 40% of your final grade.
- Course manual for each Module
- One or more recommended textbooks
- Tutor-Marked Assignments
- Final Assignment (not included in the course price)
- Access to your Tutor for help and guidance by email, telephone or post
- 2-year service contract (renewable if required)
- Certificate of Completion for each Module
- Free student membership of the Chartered ICES.